Pizza can really be a blank canvas for all kinds of flavors and creations, giving rise to several iconic styles. While many argue you should go to that style's place of origin to experience it authentically, that doesn't mean you can't find it in other cities or states. That's why The Washington Post put together an extensive roundup of every state's best place to grab a specific regional pizza, from Chicago and Detroit-style to more European-influenced pies.
"We analyzed 7.5 million Yelp reviews and developed a formula to identify the best," reporters wrote. "While we’ve interpreted the data on the national level to see which style reigns supreme by state, here you can see which restaurants our formula prefers in each state."
Here are the top picks for Colorado, according to the news outlet:
- Best Chicago Pizza: Jimano’s Pizzeria (Englewood)
- Best Detroit Pizza: Brown Dog Pizza (Telluride)
- Best Neapolitan Pizza: Marco’s Coal Fired - Ballpark (Denver)
- Best New Haven Pizza: White Pie (Denver)
- Best New York Pizza: Antonio’s Real New York Pizza (Estes Park)